Company History

Gee Lawson Trading Co. Ltd. was founded in October 1939 with a speciality in chemicals and dyes. Since then the company has seen considerable growth and diversification.

geelawson history

1941
London office in Moorgate bombed and all that remained was a 2-pint teacup, some scissors and a lump of metal which was a typewriter. Hand written ledgers from 1941 still in our possesion.


1989
Nutritional division was established to focus on the growing market for health food supplements and nutritional ingredients


1999
With support needed for European customers an office was opened in Lugano, Switzerland.


2002
Fast turnaround of stock is required by our customers so a distribution and repacking facility was purchased and merged into the Group.


2003
Continued growth in the Gee Lawson group, operating from sites in London, Lugano Switzerland, and a dedicated distribution centre in Nottingham England.


2005
re-located the Headquarters to a new office in London.


2006
Further developments with pan-European distribution agreements and further improved links with SW Asian sourcing.


2007
Increased Quality Assurance controls by acquiring a PSL irradiation testing equipment for in-house testing. The first distribution company to do so in Europe.


2009
Chemical division moved to new warehouse service centre specialising in accredited distribution. Chemical Division signs special supplier agreement with Carbosynth in the area of enzyme substrates and carbohydrates.


2010
Quality Seal Programme in place. Chemical division renamed Chemical & Life Science. Sales and Marketing agreement signed to develop a European Red Yeast Rice with Sylvan Bio.


2011
Moved the nutritional stock to a Food grade distribution centre in central UK. The company achieves the ISO 9001: 2008 certification. Longvida signs up for European distribution


2012
Orgenetics signs to Gee Lawson an European Distribution Agreement. CLS sign Agreement with Hydrus Chemicals to enable sales and marketing opportunities in Japan and renews agreement with Carbosynth.


2013
New marketing plan put in place including web site upgrade. New agreements reached and signed to work and develop Esculin with Symrise BioActives for the global diagnostic sector and to explore other possible applications and outlets. New brands decide to work with Gee Lawson to distribute their products including Kaneka QH, Natural Vitamin D and RFi.

 

2014

The company celebrates 75 years. Continued growth in the Gee Lawson group. The Food & Beverage division is created, using our existing supplier network, ingredients knowledge, sales, marketing and administrative infraestructure and  our Seal of Aproval Standard and Procedures.

 

2015

LEHVOSS UK Limited, the UK subsidiary of Lehmann&Voss&Co., Hamburg founded in 1894,  acquires Gee Lawson Ltd. This acquisition is a strategic move that strengthens the LEHVOSS Groups portfolio in the nutritional and life science sectors across Europe and globally.